New to NM--looking for partners

Rides, rendezvouses, partners - because it's better with someone else

Moderators: mark, scotthsu, Bob, Matt

hsherman

New to NM--looking for partners

Post by hsherman »

Hi all,

I recently moved to ABQ and I couldn't be more excited to do some skiing in NM. I've been touring for 9 seasons now, and have been lucky enough to be able to ride a bunch in the Sierras in CA and the Wallowas, Elkhorns, and Blue Mountains in Eastern Oregon. I was an EMT for 4 years (I'm in the UNM PA program now), and I've done my Avi 1. I would love to meet some of the backcountry folk around NM!

I'd love to ski Santa Fe Baldy and Nambé this year, as well as some of the stuff up in Taos. I'm down for alpine starts and big days, so when conditions get a little better, keep me in mind!

Praying for snow!
Harry
fmarrs3

Re: New to NM--looking for partners

Post by fmarrs3 »

Hey Harry,

Welcome. Would love to get out sometime. There are a lot of good options and it looks like there is a good storm on the horizon. We are having a baby this March, so I am guessing touring availability will be limited. However, we are here for the long haul, so would be good to hook up and place some roots. I've been in the backcountry 5+ years and have AIARE1 as well.

I might be available for your Taos weekend 2/12, but will have to make the call later.

Happy to talk more offline, fmarrs3 AT gmail.

Best,
Frank