Looking for a local mentor

Rides, rendezvouses, partners - because it's better with someone else

Moderators: mark, scotthsu, Bob, Matt

sambrwn

Looking for a local mentor

Post by sambrwn »

Hey all,

My name is Samuel, I’m 24 and I’ve been living in Santa Fe and Abq New Mexico just about my whole life.

I’m taking my AIARE 1 at the end of November. I figure that as with my other experience in the mountains, in addition to getting that professional education under my belt, learning in the real world from a mentor is probably my best course of action.

I’m looking for anyone with experience that wouldn’t mind taking a new bc skier under their wing this season!

I’ve been skiing now for about 22 years, 25-40 days per season. As a gauge of my ability level, I’m comfortable on everything up to and including the double blacks on Taos’ West Basin and Kachina ridges (though maybe a little bit slower on some of the really techy lines!)

I’m really psyched on learning and would love to soak up knowledge from those more experienced in our backcountry. Please let me know if you’re interested and willing to meet up this season for some laps!

Thanks!
lylegrove

Re: Looking for a local mentor

Post by lylegrove »

Hello Samuel,

I'm probably not exactly what you're looking for, but I am also looking for BC partners in the SF/Taos area.

Taking my AIARE 1 this weekend (are you taking yours in Jackson? I noticed you mention taking a course in late November too); I have zero BC skiing experience, but I've been skiing my whole life.

Let me know if you'd like to tour sometime. Send me a message on here if you'd like my contact info!

-Lyle